JK soft top streaking

PennJeeper

I bought a 2013 JK Sport in commando green last December. The Jeep is solid but has a soft top, which is exactly what I wanted. There are black streaks on the body from the soft top. I tried washing them, then used a wax but the streaks were still there. I remember this from an older Jeep I had. I wet a paper towel with WD-40 and it took off the streaks immediately with no damage to the finish or paint. That stuff is good for everything! This may not be common but I have seen the same problems from other Jeepers. If you have this problem, try it. its better than rubbing compound which will take the paint off if you rub hard enough.

I bought a 2013 JK Sport in commando green last December. The Jeep is solid but has a soft top, which is exactly what I wanted. There are black streaks on the body from the soft top. I tried washing them, then used a wax but the streaks were still there. I remember this from an older Jeep I had. I wet a paper towel with WD-40 and it took off the streaks immediately with no damage to the finish or paint. That stuff is good for everything! This may not be common but I have seen the same problems from other Jeepers. If you have this problem, try it. its better than rubbing compound which will take the paint off if you rub hard enough.
Yep I even use wd40 for a quick detail on the interior plastic and the fenders